Friday, June 12, 2009

Hayden Smiles again in Barcelona

Big change brings big smile to Hayden in Barcelona

Friday, 12 June 2009

Ducati rider makes significant improvement with radical overhaul of Barcelona setting.

Nicky Hayden and the Ducati Marlboro team rang the changes to the Desmosedici GP9 in preparation for Barcelona, and the modifications paid dividends for the American on Friday. He placed sixth in the first free practice session.

Nicky Hayden -6th

“I know it’s only sixth position but still I’m pretty happy because I was running up front throughout the session and having fun, which is what racing is supposed to be about! Basically “Vitto” (Guareschi) stayed on in Mugello and tested a lot and we have changed almost everything on the bike other than the handgrips! We’ve altered the electronics and the geometry a lot to help me get the bike turning and we’ve taken a big step. I don’t want to get too excited because it’s only Friday and we’ve got to keep working hard but I want to say that I am very grateful to the team and to “Vitto”, Filippo (Preziosi) and “Pippi” (Cristhian Pupulin) and the Test Team in particular. Nobody here has given up on me even after a few bad races and I have always made it clear I won’t give up on them. We have had to stay mentally strong and keep positive, even though that hasn’t been easy. Hopefully we’re on to something here and all the hard work will start paying off.” (motogp.com)

And on a personal note, it's sure is good to see Nicky up in front and with a smile on his face, well done to him and the team- keep up the good work,

No comments:

Post a Comment