Thursday, June 18, 2009

Best result to date for Hayden with Ducati

Sunday, 14 June 2009

The former World Champion broke the top ten for first time in 2009 at the Gran Premi Cinzano de Catalunya.

Tenth place for Nicky Hayden, added to Casey Stoner’s podium and ninth for Mika Kallio, made it three Ducatis in the top ten at Barcelona, an improvement for the Italian factory.

Hayden was satisfied with the result and is now looking forward to returning to the track on Monday for the first of two of post-GP tests this season, the second of which will follow the Czech round at Brno in August.

Nicky Hayden – 10th

“I was hoping for a little more than this but realistically at the moment it was the best I could manage. I started from near the back but kept passing people and made progress throughout the race. I got close to Kallio and tried my best to pass him but made a couple of mistakes and he beat me. All in all it’s not a spectacular result but it is definitely a step forward. I’ve been close to the front guys all weekend, we’ve worked well and we’ve learnt a lot about the bike. I’m already looking forward to getting back on the bike for the test tomorrow and continuing to work down this path, which we think is the right one.”

No comments:

Post a Comment