Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Nicky Interviews

Nicky Interview

August 28

NWT: Hi Nicky, thanks for taking the time out to talk to us today. First off, we all want to know how your foot is?

NICKY: Well slower then we like but I just touched down in Italy and we gonna try this week. Fingers crossed we can man up and try to ride...

NWT: Missing the Czech GP must have been really tough on you. How did you feel about that?

NICKY: I hated to miss it and just as much the test as we got a lot of work to do, but as it turned out with the tire situation I didn't miss so much..

NWT: On a positive note, you’re back in action for Misano this weekend. What are your thoughts about the race?

NICKY: Well really depends on the foot. I know I can ride but I got to be able to race. There’s a big difference, I put in a lot of time thou, drinking this, eating that, laser ultra sound, u name it I tried it. Hope we can go...

NWT: Can you run us through your preparation for the race?

NICKY: Every race I try to do the same. Eat a certain food at a certain time, and prepare mentally a lot and also I warm up on my indoor bicycle...

NWT: How would you describe the circuit and the atmosphere over a GP weekend there?

NICKY: Wild gp fans really have a passion for the sport and riders, but its a big biz also so a lot going on every wk.

NWT: How does it compare to the other rounds left this year?

NICKY: Well Valencia and Phillip island are both really special but Misano is new for us so its hard to say exactly...

NWT: With Indy just around the corner have you been doing any special preparation?

NICKY: Just preparing as much as I can swimming and a lil gym. I wish I was going in there better prepared. At the moment my health and the whole package is not the best I have ever had but we will give the maximum like always.. and yeah, a special helmet and butt patch...

NWT: From the photos we saw of the Indian ride you looked like you where having a great time. Can you tell us a little bit more about that?

NICKY: Well I think the photos and the smile on my face tell the story. I just hope I have as much fun the next time I go back to Indy..

NWT: Can you tell us how you feel about riding the race bike around there?

NICKY: Well not sure till I get out there but will be a big challenge for riders and teams to go to a new track with no data and be ready go by Sunday..

NWT: How does it compare to other circuits?

NICKY: Well its very flat not so much elevation I don’t think it will be one of the best lay outs we do all year but the crowd will ready and anythin’ new is good..

NWT: With the end of the season in sight, can you give us your thoughts as to how things have gone?

NICKY: Not good, so far its probably been my worse season ever, but it ain’t over yet!! That needs to change

NWT: Finally, any news on next season? Is there anything that you can tell us yet?

NICKY: HA well I new y’all would slip that one in somewhere. I’m sorry but cant say much now, but we getting close and hope to be able to have something inked soon, and I really hope my fans will support what we do..

No comments:

Post a Comment